Monday, March 15, 2010

Trying Out Japanese Foods

Sometimes we go to restaurants and try new dishes. Not just because we are adventurous but because the menus are in Japanese only. Or because there is no description of what is in the dish we have to base our choice on how good the picture looks.


This restaurant decorations reminded Adam of Claim Jumper and it played only Beatles music. He was in heaven.
He got some sort of "hamburger steak". He said it was good, it was soft, melts in your mouth ground up beef shaped like a steak. It came with an egg, rice, and what they call a "salad".

As for my dish, ya, had NO clue what it was. All I knew from the picture was there were noodles in it and some sort of meat. I didn't even know the English name of it.
But it was one of the better soups I have ever eaten here on island. Oh and was there some spice to it!!!! My mouth was on fire but in a good way.

Zoe ate rice and Japanese crackers and huge Japanese puff things from the local convenience store. She loves to eat those things. There are three flavors: corn on the cob (exactly tasting like it), cheese, and some strange flavor I can't seem to place.


The Japanese take pride in the presentation of their food. And we mean all foods! Even their hamburgers.
These are some of the prettiest hamburgers we have eaten.

They even come nicely wrapped too.

And these were some drinks that needed a little...more. Something like sugar, carbonation, extra flavor punch or something stronger.


One of the festivals here on island is the Tug of War. The balls were deep fried bread with octopus, cheese, and I think something else. The sticks were regular chicken teriyaki.

And of course, everyone likes food benches.


Another place we like to go is the Sushi Go Round. Basically, this restaurant has a conveyor belt that takes the sushi plates around the restaurant. You take what you want as it comes around.

This is one of Adam's favorite dishes. It is flame torched cheesy salmon on a bed of rice...


...and cheesy crab on a bed of rice.


How can we resist eating at a place that advertises their Mexican food like this?


I had to ask if I could substitute hash browns for white rice.


Here is their menu.



3 comments:

The Kelly Fam said...

I love Obligatos and Feshness Burger! Oh and the sushi go round is Chris' fave on island. I couldn't figure out the other restaurnt. =) You should try the restaurant next to Obbligatos, you order at vending machine, they have the best ramen and their fried rice is awesome!

Oh and Zane is super jealous of Zoe's japanese cheetos. He loves those as well. Now I really miss Okinawa. The food here is not that good and super expensive. Boo!

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo hungry for a Hamburger and those potatoes really look delicious. You are very adventuresome to eat food you don't recognize. I can't. It is one hour before dinner so I have to contain myself. We have chocolate fudge with walnuts in the kitchen. I have been saving that for after dinner. Tonight we have Chinese food from the American Hong Kong take out place. My favorite is always the Egg Roll and the American dish Chop Suey. (spelling) Isn't it amazing how in the Asian Islands and Country's they have American and Mexican food. But not in Germany. Kiss that darling little girl for me. All your pictures are great. We love seeing them and reading what you write about them. Love Great Nan

Anonymous said...

Was all that Fish RAW? Did you see who it went past? Did you eat it?
I wouldn't. I was starve first. Guess Who?