
And I put that together, it only took me about 45 minutes. To continue the manual labor trend, I did it all with a little philips head screwdriver, man how I miss my electric drill!!!
Anyway, I go to put some of the boxing stuff away in this closet we have in our laundry room where we store all the boxes and manuals and things of that nature. Well I lean over to put the box in and I hear this loud crunching, like someone eating chips with their mouth open. I look thinking it might be the door creaking or the light or something and I see little things coming out of the wood. Termites! I call the housing people and they say the will have somebody right out here, on the 29th! I tell them that I sprayed them a little and now they are literally coming out of the wood work! But alas, no sympathy for me. I tell them that I need someone to at least come and take out the door as it will only spread. They are also in the door jamb.
So they say they will send someone out, but they can't tell me when so I'd just have to sit and wait, which I did. Of course I couldn't take it and took the door off myself and set it outside. It got rid of a bunch of them but I can still hear them in the walls like rice crispies and milk.
Oh ya they came by about 9 hours later and took the door. Those people can't do that, I need special bug people. Thank goodness 99% of the house is not made of wood.

3 comments:
WOW! Those are "BIGUN'S" I guess they didn't want you to be alone. Believe me there are more. In Virginia we had giant ones and they ate as fast as Locusts. Must be the Humidity. One thing about the Government, they always take their time in responding and with them there is always tomorrow as you very well know. Now your house doesn't echo. Now it goes crunch crunch.
What kind of Computer desk is that????? It looks one of those chairs they have in the Big House (prison) where they strap your head and wrists and legs to. Where did you buy that from? At least it doesn't have too much wood on it for the little critters to munch on for lunch.
EWWWW!
i once heard noises from this bag of scratch (seeds for the ducks) i had for months in my garage once... found out they were little bugs... who knew those little things can make so much noise when you get enough of them together!
blech!
hope u had a great bday...
hello to christine, hello to your mom... have a safe trip and would love to see pics of okinawa (never been to japan)!
Post a Comment