
This was our view of Mt Fuji from the Tokyo airport. It really isn't as ominous as you would think it is. I know climbing it is a journey in and of itself but from afar it looks like any other mountain.

The snow covered trees, as seen from our gondola ride up to the highest mountain in Sapporo.

Zoe the rockstar. Not only was she a rockstar because she was the cutest kid there, but I'm sure all the Japanese thought her father was superhuman carrying her around on his back for three days.

Zoe reviewing the local Sapporo guide.

The face of "Its snowing, and I'm wearing a funny hat.

Thats in centigrade, so with the conversion its about -50 degrees, at least thats what it felt like.

If we charged the Japanese to take pictures with Zoe we would have made a fortune. We went out to dinner one night and noticed that an entire table (about 15 people) were all staring at Zoe, turning around in their seats. They all took turns taking pictures with her. You can see she was really happy about it.

What is this stuff on my hand and why is it so cold.....

We think this is supposed to be ET, but were not entirely sure.



Above and below, our view from atop the highest mountain in Sapporo.


And here is a panorama of our view from atop the trading post at the top of the mountain.


This ice sculpture had frozen fish in it. I think a lake froze over and they just carved around it.

Even though the ice is melting, it was still pretty freezing!


We were approached about five times by groups of kids with maps, asking us where we were from. Each time Christine would draw an X on the map and in return we got a little piece of paper (written in Japanese, still have yet to translate it) thanking us for helping.


The King of Pop!! The Japanese love Michael Jackson.



Adam playing around with HDR. There was so much detail in some of the ice sculptures it was amazing.








Zoe rocking out to the headphones on the flight home.
3 comments:
Wonderful!!! Just as I said, Zoe's nose and cheeks were matching red. She seemed to have "weathered" the ice and snow and very very cold with great stride. She certainly was the most beautiful little girl there. You two looked good too. When they asked you where you were from, what was your answer? California USA or Okinawa? Love Great Nan
I loved the Mama Bear with her cubs and especially the Penguins. Thanks for the great pictures of Zoe, you two, and the ice festival. The below 0 Temp made me shiver and is enough to stop my bones from moving. How low does the Temp have to be to keep the ice from melting? How long do these sculptures last?
Looks like so much fun! I almost forgot how little blonde babies are celebrities in Japan, quite the opposite here.
When traveling in Mainland Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore I would say I was from Okinawa and get very confused looks. I loved it and then let them know I was from Washington D.C. (easier than saying Maryland outside of the country).
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Zoe on the plane, content as she can be and shirtless! Hilarious!! Looks like a good trip was had by all. XOXO miss you guys
Post a Comment