Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday




Here is our massive bday cake from yesterday. Christine weighed it, 14.8 pounds! We still have about 25% left. We'd mail some home but it would cost too much.

The six layers are:
Red Velvet
Marble
Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry
Brownie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!!! That's over 5 pounds of cake each! Hope you had friends over to ease your sugar glut! Now I know why all that playground equipment is in your backyard. Get out there and exercise!Happy, happy birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is the brownie on the bottom because it's less likely to get squished? Can I place an order for my birthday cake? I think a layer of oreo cookies would be good.

Unknown said...

None of us could finish our piece of cake. The brownie was in the middle and the triple chocolate chip cake layer was on the bottom, I thought it might get squished too. But it was GOOD! Oreos do sound good. I'd make you your cake.

Anonymous said...

And I thought you couldn't top China! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. In all my life, which as we all know has been a long one, I have never seen anything like this cake. You are a wonder. It had to be really yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

The only time I made a real showy cake was when I put vanilla all around the cake and lit it with a match. Boy! did we have a big fire. I guess I used a bit too much vanilla. It sure made a hit with everyone though. I think I saw how to do it on some cooking show. The cake was a little scorched but everyone ate it.

We can't wait to see the next one you create.