Monday, August 28, 2006

Praying Mantis

Yesterday, I go outside to see how my bug zapper is doing. I look down and see this Praying Mantis. Its facing away from me, but as soon as I see it, it turns its head, and looks right at me. I move, his head follows me. His arms rubbing each other, as if he is deciding how to attack me. I slowly return to the house, and take the picture through the window, thats why its kinda blurry. About an hour we had some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard. It kept me up most of the night, and about twice it physically shook the house. Then we had the light show of lightning. That was fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was praying that you kept your bug zapper on. They eat bugs but was keeping a watchful eye on you just in case the frogs ate everything.

Anonymous said...

I leave and all the strange wildlife comes out, what is up with that?
I can handle the lizards in the house but keep out the frogs (all sizes), the crabs, and the mantis'. Only the lizards can come in and visit.

Anonymous said...

I think that when Christine was digging everyday all day for two weeks she woke the bugs up. They love all that activity.