Monday, August 07, 2006

Just in time..

Well Christine got here safe and sound and just in the nick of time. Her plane landed at 535pm Saturday, and an hour before that I was informed that at 3 AM that night a Typhoon was coming. I had planned on getting a rental car, and was dropped off at the rental car place on base. When I asked for my car, they said are you sure? You know theres a Typhoon coming, and if anything happens to car you have to pay for it. They were calling everyone with a rental car and giving them the opportunity to bring it back early, or else they were responsible for whatever happened. I got a ride out of the rental car place and decided to borrow a co workers car instead. They said I would actually be doing them a favor by parking it in the hotels parking structure during the Typhoon. Well I get Christine and its raining and just slightly windy, honestly I've seen harder rain since I have been here. Next morning wake up, and its just kinda cloudy, but we still had power and water (I went to the store and stocked up on water and food and things like that just in case), and the TV said the Governer gave us the all clear. So I guess techinically we have survived our first Typhoon, even though it shifted and missed the island completely.

Welcome to Guam!

No comments: