They also have quite the spread, to include an entire pig roasted in a hole in the ground (I'll spare you the picture since my last roasted pig picture didn't garner too many rave reviews).
The first hour or so we were just hanging out, looking at a large pile of old trees, and checking out the stars. We were about 100 yards away from the nearest house so there were no lights, most people had flashlights to find a spot to sit on the beach.
Then someone with a ten foot long stick (complete with kerosene soaked rag on top) and a Christmas light helmet came running from the woods. He did a little dance on the beach then ran to our left away from the trees. We then saw a huge ball of fire light up as two people dragged either a huge ball of clothes or another tree towards the pile of trees. Once they hit the pile it lit up like the for 4th of July. I was about 50 feet away and it felt like I was inches away, it was that hot. Now all those people with flashlights, they got put away as it was as bright as high noon in the surrounding area.
The actual fire only lasted a few minutes as the trees were so dry and I think were outweighed by the amount of kerosene on them.
Here are some nice fire pics, taken by Christine.


No comments:
Post a Comment