This is a wasp that is building its own little mud hut house for its larvae on one of our plastic patio chairs. I've been trying to photograph this guy for a while thats why I haven't Godzilla'd the mud hut yet.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How do you know it is the same wasp? Does it have identifying marks different from the others? When I am outside painting which is all the time, the little beasts circle around my head because they like the smell of my hair spray. I say bad words at them so they won't sting me. So far so good. Ha!
Spiders and wasps and more spiders, oh my!! When do we get to see pretty birds, exotic animals and more colorful fish, oh yes!! By the way, I don't "get" the playground in your back yard. Is there something I'm missing?? I've been trying to figure it out thru several blogs.
We used to have just a swingset in the backyard. They took that out and replaced it with the playground you see there. I'll take another picture where you can see it in context with the house but basically if you walk out our backdoor its five feet till the playground.
3 comments:
How do you know it is the same wasp? Does it have identifying marks different from the others? When I am outside painting which is all the time, the little beasts circle around my head because they like the smell of my hair spray. I say bad words at them so they won't sting me. So far so good. Ha!
Spiders and wasps and more spiders, oh my!! When do we get to see pretty birds, exotic animals and more colorful fish, oh yes!!
By the way, I don't "get" the playground in your back yard. Is there something I'm missing?? I've been trying to figure it out thru several blogs.
We used to have just a swingset in the backyard. They took that out and replaced it with the playground you see there. I'll take another picture where you can see it in context with the house but basically if you walk out our backdoor its five feet till the playground.
Post a Comment