For my birthday Adam plotted a secret trip to an island off the coast of Okinawa called Ie Island (pronounced like the letter e).
We had to drive just over an hour to a local port and take a 30 minute ferry ride over to the island. Of course, Zoe was a big hit with the other passengers. But she was more entertained with her toes.
All her lovely drool in all its glory.

We know Okinawa is small but this resort island is even smaller. Here are some statistics on it:
We had to drive just over an hour to a local port and take a 30 minute ferry ride over to the island. Of course, Zoe was a big hit with the other passengers. But she was more entertained with her toes.
We know Okinawa is small but this resort island is even smaller. Here are some statistics on it:
Population: 5,131
Number of households: 1,766
Area: 8.75 square miles
Visitors per year: 87,600
Number of households: 1,766
Area: 8.75 square miles
Visitors per year: 87,600
Our room's view:
We picked out a nicely shaded spot, put out the blanket, set Zoe down and then BOOM! I didn't realize she wouldn't take the slope into account when she leaned forward to crawl so she ended up doing a face plant directly into the sand.
She took well to crawling on the sand. It didn't phase her in the least bit, unlike grass. She is still not to keen on grass.
Aaarrrrggggggggg!!!
After we left the beach, she was so sandy that we had to hose her down in a special area. Then we bathed her and dressed her.
2 comments:
Finally the trip!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks we enjoy every picture and every comment. Happy Happy Birthday again Christine.
As for Zoe, I think you have a real California Girl there. Didn't they have any Crabs crawling all over the sand and you? Did Zoe stand up all by herself? We are waiting to see those teeth! That was a great trip and sure sounded like a lot of fun. I noticed who was wearing the sling holding the "Zoe" while traveling on the stairs. I notice things like that. I wouldn't want my picture taken after a rain either. But Zoe looks terrific and laughing so hard. I think she really loves all the places her parents take her except to that person that gives her shots.
Love Great Nan
Looks like fun! I love Ie island or le as Donna would call it. Did you find the port okay? We passed it the first time. Zoe is so cute!!
Post a Comment