For my first fathers day ever, Christine took me and Zoe to the Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleveland Ohio!

This is me and the rockingest baby girl outside the hall of fame.

Unfortunately, photography is not allowed inside the hall of fame, so we only have a few from the lobby area.

Here is Zoe totally unaware of the rockingness of the guitar behind her.

And a few hours later here we are on the way out of the hall of fame. Zoe actually fell asleep inside, which is totally unacceptable but will be allowed this one time seeing as how she is only six months old and in those six months she has been in Okinawa, Tokyo, Singapore, Taiwan, Los Angeles and Cleveland.

These are what I think are mosquitoes. They aren't really as big as the picture leads you to believe but in comparison to normal mosquitoes they are huge!

And just a fountain we saw on our walk back to the hotel....
4 comments:
I am so very happy that you had a great time and it was a great surprise. You sure deserve it. You will never forget your very first Father's Day and where you all spent it together thanks to your beautiful wife.
As you know,it would be the last stop on my trip and if I was lucky I would miss it. I hate to tell you this but Rock and Roll started from classical music. Some Dim-Wit wanabe musician decided he wanted to write a song. So where did he go? To Beethoven and Bach. He wasn't talented enough to think of something on his own. So he took their melodies and added some loud crazy electric guitar with a vibrato lever and added "sickodelic" (my own word) noises. I can't dance to it but some Rock and Roll is OK with me, but you were raised on Classical Music. That must be why you like Rock and Roll because you are hearing melodies you heard as a child. I love you for loving all kinds of Music, even mine.
Love Great Nan
PS! I know Zoe must have liked the "Beat" because she slept through it all. Did they have it playing the whole time you were in there? Love Great Nan
Hi! I'm back. First of all HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY FIRST FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!! Your have the most beautiful little girl in the world and the most thoughtful, caring, loving, and beautiful wife.
I had totally forgotten that you were so crazy about Rock & Roll. What a bummer because I should have known that because of all the times we went junking and all the times we went to the Pawn shops to look at Guitars. That is where you bought your first Gibson. I know you have a Fender too. Those are good investment's because they go up in value every year.
Remember when you found that Autographed album of the Beatles in uptown Whittier? We even went as far as Pomona to go junking. All of this before you started driving. What fun that was for me.
I love Elvis and the Beatles. Can't dance to any of it. I used to play the Bumble Boogie on the piano when my parents were not home. I learned to dance the Fox Trot, Waltz, the Lindy Hop, the Boogie Woogy and the Jitterbug. Our parents hated the last two. They thought that any kid that danced to it was going to Hell for sure.I wonder what will be all the rage when Zoe is a teen. I sure hope I am around then.
Love you guys Great Nan
OMG Zoe is so big!! I barely recognize her. Where did the baby go???
Post a Comment